Guardian Info » Why Become a Certified Guardian?
Why Become Certified by CGC?
- Gain a competitive advantage over non-certified individuals
- Have a broader range of employment opportunities
- Show your commitment to professionalism
- Feel personal achievement and satisfaction
- Be nationally recognized
- Increase your credibility
As a CGC Certified Guardian, you will:
- Be instantly recognized for your high standards and qualifications, including international recognition
- Have portable certification for ease when relocating or changing jobs
- Be listed in the CGC’s “Find a Guardian” section of the CGC website
- Be held in higher regard by the public and other professionals
- Be identified as an individual qualified to serve as a fiduciary, as someone who can be entrusted with financial affairs
When You Are Certified by CGC, you:
- Let potential clients, the court system and the general public know you are held to specific standards of practice
- Declare your professional competence
- Demonstrate your commitment to standards and ethics
- Have an objective measure and validation of your knowledge
- Are set apart from non-certified guardians as someone who has met nationally recognized requirements, including training and an examination
- May meet requirements to practice as a guardian in some states
CGC National Certified Guardians and National Master Guardians are the leaders in quality and trusted guardianship service.
See also "What CGC Certification Means to Me"